Windows drivers, tools and agent Developer
Type of contract / Length
full time (permanent contract)
Full remote, hybrid or on site (Grenoble, France)
The XCP-ng team uses, signs and bundles paravirtualized (PV) drivers, among tools and an agent to run in Windows virtual machines. Those 3 programs are needed to get decent performance for Windows (disk and network), and also provide a communication channel with the management API, sending important data. Those programs are bundled in a installer, installed by the user. Vates is looking for a developer with Windows knowledge, on the system and drivers part of this operating system family. As part of the XCP-ng team, you'll have the chance to generate a significant impact on our systems running on thousands of Windows machines all around the world: increasing the overall performances with the hypervisor team, improving the installer to update or remove previous tools cleanly, and even think on extending the agent capabilities for some uses cases.
- You'll work in a team with a "full stack" knowledge (from the Xen Hypervisor to the management central console in NodeJS, "Xen Orchestra", consuming this API.
- You'll implement new features, analyse deliver increased performances for Windows VMs
- You'll also participate on the overall tools architecture and optimizations
- You will become our expert on the Windows aspects, while participating to broad discussions on the whole virtualization platform
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Experience on writing installers for Windows
- Experience in Windows system and drivers
- Good capacity to understand the requirements from both lower and higher layers (between Xen Hypervisor and Xen Orchestra)
- Team player
Vates is a French software developer specialized in Open Source and virtualization. Xen Orchestra and XCP-ng are its two main projects. With 2 main product teams, we are covering the whole stack, from the hypervisor (Xen), the virtualization platform (XCP-ng) to management and VM backups (Xen Orchestra). Our current teams are based in multiple countries, with a 100% "remote work enabled" workflow. Every bit of code is available publicly on Github or Gitlab. Our team is doing Open Source as its core, since our entire company is developing every product in a full open fashion: from the code, but also the way we work with the community, helping people to contribute and providing our experience and resources to upstream projects, like Xen. "Upstream first" is our de facto standard.
Are you the one?
Step 1Send your application with your resume and explain us in your email what motivates you to join us
Step 2Meet your potential manager and co-workers at the office or remote in order to check if it’s a good fit for both you and us
Step 3Receive your offer and start working for us!
We respond to everyone.
Learn more about Vates
Vates was born more than 10 years ago in the French Alps, in Grenoble. Our team is composed of more than 20 people, spread out in France and elsewhere in the world. Want to know more about our history? Our team? Thinking of joining us?